Healthcare and Medicine Reference
49. Creswell JW, Fetters MD, Ivankova NV. Designing a mixed methods study in
primary care. Ann Fam Med , 2004;2(1):7-12.
50. Morgan DL. Practical strategies for combining qualitative and quantitative
methods: Applications for health research. Qual Health Res , 1998;8:362-76.
51. Li CC. Path Analysis—A Primer . Pacific Grove, CA: The Boxwood Press, 1975.
52. Introduction to multivariate analysis, Chapter 12, pp. 225-245, in: Primer of
Epidemiology . Fifth Edition. Edited by GD Friedman. New York and London:
McGraw-Hill, Medical Publishing Division, 2004.
53. Figure 1-1, p. 4, in: Primer of Epidemiology . Fifth Edition. Edited by GD
Friedman. New York and London: McGraw-Hill, Medical Publishing
54. Moon BM, Hoffman RR, Novak JD, Canas AJ. Applied Concept Mapping.
Capturing, Analyzing, and Organizing Knowledge . Boca Raton/London/
New York: CRC Press (Taylor & Francis), 2011.
55. West DC, Pomeroy JR, Park JK, Gerstenberger EA, Sandoval J. Critical thinking
in graduate medical education. A role model concept mapping assessment?
JAMA , 2000;284(9):1105-10.
56. Pinto AJ, Zeitz HJ. Concept mapping: a strategy for promoting meaning-
ful learning in medical education. Pelley JW. Concept Mapping—A Tool for
Teaching Integrative Thinking . A 30 ppt presentation at www.iamse.org/
development/2005/webcast_050305.pdf, retrieved February 3, 2011.
57. Pelley JW. Effective Learning through Concept Mapping . 4 pages at
www. ttuhsc.edu/…/Concept%20Mapping%20in%20Med%20School.pdf -
Similar, retrieved February 3, 2011.
58. Anderson LA, Gwaltney MK, Sundra DL, Brownson RC, Kane M, Cross AW,
Mack Jr. R, Schwartz R, Sims T, White R. Using concept mapping to develop a
logic model for the prevention research centers program. Prev Chron Dis Pub
Health Res Pract Pol , 2006;3(1):1-8. (http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2006/
59. Cinnamon J, Rinner C, Cusimano MD, Marshall S, Bekele T, Hernandez T,
Glazier RH, Chipman ML. Evaluating web-based static, animated and integra-
tive maps for injury prevention. Geospatial Health , 2009;4(1):3-16.
60. Baldwin CM, Kroesen K, Trochim WM, Bell IR. Complementary and conven-
tional medicine: a concept map. BMC Compl Alt Med , 2004, 4(Feb 3) online
<doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-4-2>, PMCID: PMC356920.
61. Concepts Systems Inc. Concept Mapping Methodology. Bibliography and
Recent Publications . 4 pages at www. concepts systems.com/…/bibliography_
examples_of_cm_projects_4.pdf, retrieved February 3, 2011.
62. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Concept Mapping. Published
Literature . 7 pages at www.socialresearch methods.net/research/cm.htm,
retrieved February 3, 2011.
63. A Dictionary of Public Health . Edited by JM Last. Oxford/New York: Oxford
University Press, 2007.
64. A Dictionary of Epidemiology. Fifth Edition. Edited by M Porta. Oxford/
New York: Oxford University Press, 2008.